Effective use of the Single Competency Framework for all Prescribers, to deliver safe evidence based best practice in prescribing.
Course description: Prescribing CPD Workshop
Elaine Broadbridge – Pharmacist
This workshop will contain bespoke exercises to reflect your policies procedures, development plans and needs. We can include more information on topics such as polypharmacy; improving incident and near miss reporting, patient involvement , NICE guidelines, academic detailing or human factors.
Outline Aim of course:
To provide and outline of best practice in (non-medical) prescribing and an overview of recent research into prescribing , with tools and techniques for developing practice and Continued Professional development.
Outline Learning outcomes:
- To be able to discuss and plan how the NPC competency framework for all prescribers can link to appraisals, service evaluations and audits
- To be able to apply the framework to everyday situations using a self-assessment framework and through reflection
- To take away information on CPD resources and contacts, and materials to develop action plans
- To be able to explain the framework to colleagues, and show how it can be applied in practice
- To share information with colleagues in a workshop session on best practice & on overcoming poor practice
- To be able to explain the relevance of key research to colleagues
Price for ½ day £750 plus £10 per delegate pack (colour prints of all key materials)
Price for whole day £1,200 plus £10 per delegate pack (colour prints of all key materials). This could be for 2 identical sessions for two separate groups, or a morning session and bespoke workshop for a single group.
Number of delegates: up to 40.
- Pre-course link session (normally by phone) to agree content. Tailored materials as agreed, including a on short pre-course questionnaire
- Agreed outputs (e.g. action plans, aide memoirs, self-assessment templates, development of audit proposals on the day etc…)
- Evaluation and two week period of follow up, where delegates can email queries
- All presentation materials
- Action planning templates
Not included in price:
- Arrangement and cost of a suitable venue (we require cabaret style seating and internet access). Optionally we can arrange and book this and add this to the charge.
- Travel and expenses (we charge £40 per night accommodation and subsistence where needed, and NHS rates for travel)
- Delegate packs (£10 each)
We are also happy to discuss other arrangements such as setting up regular sessions, peer review groups and e-learning. To book or for more details contact the team at email@example.com or call us on 01872 248 327