Some of our publications:
(more listed on LinkedIn )
Turner, S. (May 2014) Parting with paper: best practice in electronic record keeping. Nursing and Residential Care Vol 16, no 5
An examination fo how improvements can be made in residential and nursing homes with a focus on the implementation of electronic medicines administration records (eMAR). Includes a checklist of important items that will s upprot implementation.
Turner , S. (June 2014) Improving medicines optimisation: an end to the drug round. Nursing and Residential Care Vol 16, no 6
A reflection on the implications of using technology in nursing and residential care settings and how this can deliver increased safety.
Turner, S. (2012) A reflection on developing and sustaining effective learning Nursing and Residential Care. August Vol 14, No.8.
This article provokes discussion and creative thinking around the subject of medication management and training and offers some tips on developing safe evidence based practice. It contains a model for effective medication management learning.
Turner, S; Roberts, H; Andrews, A. (2012) Introducing nurse prescribing in a substance misuse treatment service Nurse Prescribing Vol1 10 No 11
- Dedicated resources, and a structured plan, are needed help develop non-medical prescribing (NMP) effectively on a large scale across organisations
- Projects such as this benefit from being approached as interdisciplinary ‘prescribing’ projects rather than NMP projects
- The use of change management techniques helps identify and remove barriers and increases stakeholder engagement
Turner, S. (2011) Developing a nonmedical prescribers’ peer supervision group. Nursing Standard. March 23rd 2011
This article describes the effect and outcomes of a non-medical prescribers’ peer supervision group in a secondary care mental health and learning disabilities trust two years after its inception.
The article highlights how the group has encouraged networking and innovation, which have helped to develop and promote best practice in the trust.
Other services include:
- Clinical assessment and treatment reviews (mental health)
- Interdisciplinary workshops on Medicines Optimisation and prescribing competency
- Team based learning packages on accountability, safe practice and human factors
Steve Turner is Information Governance Lead for CareMeds Ltd and a CQC Specialist Advisor.