What’s special about a Community Interest Company [CIC]?
- Firstly, all CICs must pass a community interest test which includes having an explicit social purpose. Our Social Purpose: Care Right Now (CIC) is a Social Enterprise Company marketing expertise in helping patients/users of health services achieve improved health outcomes.
All work undertaken will have direct and measurable health benefits for patients.
- Secondly the ‘Asset Lock’ which is a fundamental feature of Community Interest Companies (CICs). The “Asset Lock” is designed to ensure that the assets of the CIC (including any profits or other surpluses generated by its activities) are used for the benefit of the community.
We bring healthcare providers, patients and staff together, and find new ways to make care transparent, cost-effective and safe.
What are the features and benefits of working with Care Right Now (CIC)?
- Our willingness to undertake disruptive innovations
- Our eclectic approach, and willingness to speak out
Reassurance on our commitment to our values, supported by:
- The asset lock.
- The social purpose / community interest test.
Subject to contract terms, the company:
- is willing to share risks of new ventures and share accountability for delivering changes
- is willing to discuss taking temporary accountability for an area of a service in order to implement changes rapidly, and then hand back once benefits are being realised
- can provide a ‘white label’ service if required
- is not committed to using any one particular model of working, instead seeking an eclectic, and always creative, approach
- is committed to delivering measurable and meaningful patient and public involvement in all our work
- has a social purpose which means that we seek to develop and enable our customers’ staff and handover as soon as possible. Reducing dependency in the long term.
Author: Steve Turner