In order to be a Community Interest Company we have to produce and annual report for the CIC regulator.
Here’s the 2013/4 report:
During the year ending 31/3/2014 Care Right Now (CIC), formerly called Steve Turner Innovations Community Interest Company, has undergone a re-branding exercise. The main reason for this is to further emphasise the company’s core values and mission statement (which remain unchanged):
‘Care Right Now (CIC) is a Social Enterprise Company delivering healthcare systems development through innovative approaches. We have expertise in helping patients / users of health services achieve improved health outcomes and all work undertaken will have direct and measurable health benefits for patients’.
• Helping individuals and organisations make change happen, in order to
deliver positive health outcomes.
• A focus on engagement and motivation.
These are detailed further on the new company web site under the headings:
To work in partnership with the NHS; industry; patients and the public to improve the patient’s experience. We aim to help all involved realise their full potential through creative approaches to achieving sustainable change, across whole systems.
To bring healthcare providers, patients and staff together, and to find new ways to make care transparent, cost-effective and safe.
During the financial year 2013/4 Care Right Now has:
• Completed the implementation of an innovative medicines management learning package for an NHS Children’s Services provider, including short break houses and a paediatric home care service. This includes a process for medicines administration competency assessments, and a pilot of patient held medicines records for parents.
This project has been assured sustainability through the appointment of a permanent Paedictric Community Pharmacist. Thought to be unique in the U.K.
• Developed and implemented three new learning packages:
The company’s stakeholders are the commissioning organisations, and the patients, families, carers and public served by the projects.
During the period the company has increasingly involved Associates in the delivery of its services. These Associates include:
Sam Williams – Specialist Teacher / Service User
Elaine Broadbridge – Pharmacist
Jo Dolton – Training facilitator, team coach, independent investigator, designated nurse safeguarding adults
Further recruitment of potential Associates is underway.
In addition the company is building links with national organisations and the new company the Zito Partnership CIC.
The company is planning to recruit a new Board, produce a 5 year Business Plan and key objectives, assisted by a new Strategic Steering Group.
Much of 2013/4 has been spent building strategic alliances, affiliations and working relationships to ensure the company can grow and be sustainable.
• Care Right Now (CIC) holds the Social Enterprise Mark
• Care Right Now (CIC) is a member of Social Enterprise UK
• Care Right Now (CIC) supports the Nursing Times Speak Out Safely Campaign
• Care Right Now (CIC) is a chapter of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement
• Steve Turner continues as Information Governance Lead for CareMeds Ltd
• Steve Turner continues as NICE Medicines and Prescribing Centre Associate
• Care Right Now (CIC) is a registered stakeholder in NICE consultations
• Steve Turner holds an honorary contract with Cornwall Care
• Care Right Now (CIC) links with Cornwall Care through the NICE Medicines and Prescribing Associates programme
• Steve Turner continues as an Associate Lecturer at Plymouth University
• Steve Turner is now a Care Quality Commission (CQC) Specialist Advisor
• Steve Turner, and three of the company Associates, are Associate Lecturers at Plymouth University
• Steve Turner is a member of the People’s Panel for Future of Health 2014
• Steve is a member of Patients First UK
• The company has links with the Clinical Human Factors Group a broad coalition of healthcare professionals campaigning for ‘aviation’ levels of safety in the NHS.
• Steve Turner blogs for Care Right Now on the Care Right Now web site and on the SpeakInConfidence web site